Thursday, April 28, 2011
Last Night My Ears Got Fixed
So when Hadlee goes to bed, she tells me all sorts of things... tonight she retold me how she got her tubes in her ears. This is the story she said...
"Last night I went to that special place with mommy daddy. I got a dress and hospital hat. Nice doctor lady checked my ears. Doctor take me away from mommy. It ok cuz I came back. I had pokey bandaid on my toe. It hurt. Had mask on my face, lay on white table, I cried. Where my mask? Opie had mask on her face too. No shot at special place. My ears all better."
She was right! We went to the special place. We have been to the hospital lately, and didn't want to associate it with her tubes. She looked cute in her dress and hat. They did have to take her away while she was awake! Very sad. She took her baby, "Opie," back with her and she had a mask taped with her when we came home. The pokey on her toe was the monitor for the surgery. This was the worst thing for her, she really thought it hurt - poor girl. I am so glad she has tubes now! No more earaches.
This was after she went to the doctor today. She told me, "Man checked me today. He listen to my heart. I have medicine in my leg. Mommy hold me while get my shot. I cried. My knee hurts."
Poor girl. I told her no more doctors after all our visits to the doctor for her earaches, I thought we were safe with the tubes in. Well... this time she has croup. So it was a steroid shot today. Hopefully she will sleep good tonight. I am SO thankful for doctors and medicine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow she is quite the little talker. I got a little choked up thinking of such a little girl going through all that! She is so brave! I hope she gets better soon Megan! Poor thing!
Post a Comment